Introducing a specialised service now accessible to residents of Essex. This service is dedicated to offering emotional and practical assistance to anyone affected by the impact of suicide, regardless of when it occurred.
To access this service, please reach out to the Essex Wellbeing Service. They provide:
- Personalised one-on-one emotional support, along with valuable information and guidance.
- Assistance when dealing with law enforcement and other relevant agencies.
- Guidance and support throughout the inquest process, including explanations of judicial procedures and attendance at inquests if necessary.
- Aid with handling media inquiries.
- Referrals and connections to additional services as needed.
- Assistance for grieving children and young adults, as well as their parents or guardians.
- Support in overcoming feelings of isolation and coping with the aftermath of suicide.
Accessing the Service
The service is available on the
following days and times:
• Monday and Friday
8am to 7pm
9am to 12pm
Reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure this service is accessible.
If a referral has been made by the Essex Wellbeing Service to the specialist service you will be contacted within 48 hours.
For more information please contact the Essex Wellbeing Service:
Tel: 0300 303 9988
Email: [email protected]
Please find attached the bereavement service leaflet with more information about the service and how to access it: Online_Residents_Specialist Suicide Bereavement Service 27_9_23 (1)